Thursday, December 23, 2010

New Things in 2010

The year 2010 was something completely new for me. I had already graduate college, moved out of my parent's house, and managed to live four hours away from my family without exploding. So, I thought I would sit down and compile a list of new things I learned, did, saw or explored in 2010. Note, all of my lists are rarely all-inclusive, and they are never in order of importance.


  1. I lived all by myself. Up until November, I had a roommate, and that was pretty sweet. But, I must divulge that I love living on my own. I do what I want, when I want. And my sleeping habits reflect only my perceived belief of how many hours of sleep I need.
  2. I got my license. I know, I am a twenty something who has never had a license before this year? Yeah, you're telling me. But, I did it :).
  3. I got my first ever car. And, I didn't pay for it. I experienced God's radical love and provisional spirit when someone at my church anonymously purchased me a 2004 grand am.
  4. I went to a midnight showing of a movie. And it was Harry Potter. And it was in costume. And I was Tonks.
  5. I became a Lead Teacher in my daycare ministry. 
  6. I saw a year pass in a job that I really love.
  7. I sang in the first ever Christmas Choir at my church.
  8. I drove to Kentucky all by myself.
  9. I read books that made me laugh, and completed a series of books.
  10. I decided that I really need to commit to writing and using my talents FOR God, rather than hiding them like I don't have any.
  11. I became one of the many Droid owners of the world.
  12. I put up and decorated my own Christmas tree.
  13. I openly admitted my love for things that I rarely have ever told anyone about.
  14. I learned that I really like me a whole lot more than I previously thought.
  15. I found out that real friendships are solid. They don't get rocked.
  16. I fell even more in love with my Savior, Jesus Christ. I encountered him through people, through situations, and through regular times of prayer and Scripture reading. I learned that his love does not run out, even when I have no more strength.
What about you?
What was new for you in 2010?

No comments:

Post a Comment