Sunday, December 19, 2010

Things I Love

Yesterday was spent with two girls that I find completely and utterly fabulous. We ran around singing silly songs, laying on the floor coloring dinosaur pictures, and heated up a frozen pizza for dinner. When we ate our grapes we pretended they were eyeballs and when we had Twizzlers we pretended to be zombies. There's nothing more exciting than spending a day hanging out with a three year old and a five year old. 

Since I spent yesterday doing a wide variety of things that bring me joy, I thought I would take a few minutes to sit down and think about the things that I love.

  • My relationship with Christ. God has never been beyond speaking to me and with me in a way that caters to my in-that-moment need for growth and development. He loves me so much just as I am, but desires to not let me stay this way forever.
  • My mother who never fails to make me laugh and smile. She's such a strong woman, determined to keep going until she doesn't go anymore.
  • My brother, because he's always going to have my back.
  • Dinosaurs. Who doesn't love them?
  • Owls. Knock, knock. Who's there? Owls. Owls who? Yes, they do.
  • The color orange. It is crazy, loud and fun. *Cough, cough* Just like me.
  • Polka dots. 
  • Fuzzy slipper socks.
  • 75 degree apartment.
  • Working with children. Because I get paid to do what I love. If you don't? Fix that, seriously, best move of my life.
  • My friends. They are my anchors. 
This is not an all inclusive list, but things I've been thinking a bunch about lately. 

No comments:

Post a Comment